EQUIPMENT POOLS AND SYSTEMS
International container and pallet pools are proposed to combat the port barrier. These pools would consist of an aggregate of containers from many foreign participants under the same controls and common liability. Direct governmental supervision is not recommended for a true pool system. This report includes discussions of eight existing pools and diagrams of their equipment.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number L-5-E.
Little (Arthur D), IncorporatedAcorn Park
Cambridge, MA USA 02140
- Publication Date: 1963-2-7
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 106 p.
- TRT Terms: Car pooling (Railroads); Constraints; Containers; Pallets; Ports
- Uncontrolled Terms: Port finance
- Old TRIS Terms: Container pooling; Palletized cargo
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00026620
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: Draft Rpt
- Contract Numbers: MA-2451
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1973 12:00AM