GENERAL MOTORS TIRE PERFORMANCE CRITERIA (TPC) SPECIFICATION SYSTEM
The part of the GM Tire Program to be outlined in this paper describes the reasoning behind the establishment of the General Motors Tire Performance Criteria (TCP) Sepcification System and the system itself. (All TCP specifications are included in the appendix.) The specific objectives of this system were to provide the General Motors Corporation with improved specifications for original equipment tires to assure that all the suppliers' tires are equal to or above the specified minimum performance levels, and to provide the customer with a system by which he could obtain replacement tires designed to provide the same performance characteristics as the OE tires originally installed on his vehicle.
New York, NY United States 10017
- SMITHSON, F D
- Hill Jr, F W
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Durability; Moisture content; Performance based specifications; Performance tests; Specifications; Tires; Traction
- Uncontrolled Terms: Wet conditions
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00095473
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #741103
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1975 12:00AM