SURVEY INFORMATION. TECHNICAL PROGRESS IN RAILROAD ELECTRIFICATION
OBZORNAIA INFORMATSIIA. TEKHNICHESKII PROGRESS V ELEKTRIFIKATSII ZHELEZNYKH DOROG
The major direction of development during the 1971-75 five- year plan is the increase in passage and carrying capabilities of railroads. The freight movement will rise by 22%. In order to accommodate this, 8000 km. of second track will be built, 6-7000 km. electrified, and work will continue on equipping railroad lines with automatic blocking and centralized dispatching. 5-6000 km. of new lines will be constructed, and the weight and speed of motion of trains will also increase. As of January 1, 1971 there were over 35,000 km. of electrified railroads in the Soviet Union, as well as 78,500 km. of railroads serviced by diesel locomotives. This present issue provides information on the following topics: (1) Improvement of construction and maintenance technology of the catenary network; (2) Industrialization of construction and installation of the traction substations; (3) Development of automation and remote control; (4) Mechanization of labor for maintenance of main cable communication lines; (5) Mechanization of labor for maintenance of aerial and cable lines; and finally (6) Further improvement of energy supply arrangements.
- Abstract only is available in English, original untranslated as of November 1976.
USSR Ministry of Transportation ConstructionCentral Inst of Normative Res and Technical-Scientific Inf
- Gruber, L O
- Publication Date: 1972
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 40 p.
- TRT Terms: Catenaries (Railroads); Centralized traffic control; Electric power supply; Electric power transmission; Electric substations; Maintenance practices; Planning; Railroad electrification; Railroad facility operations; Telecommunications; Traffic signal control systems; Train operations; Transmission lines
- Uncontrolled Terms: Line capacity
- Old TRIS Terms: Remote distribution; Signal systems; Train performance
- Subject Areas: Energy; Maintenance and Preservation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00130039
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 17 1976 12:00AM