TECHNICAL INFORMATION, INDUSTRIALIZATION AND MECHANIZATION OF INSTALLATION WORK DURING RAILROAD ELECTRIFICATION. (EXPERIMENTAL WORK OF THE "TRANSELECTROASSEMBLY" COMBINE)
TEKHNICHESKAIA INFORMATSIIA, INDUSTRIALIZATSIIA I MEKHANIZATSIIA MONTAZHNYKH RABOT PRI ELEKTRIFIKATSII ZHELEZNYKH DOROG (OPYT RABOTY TRESTA "TRANSELEKTROMONTAZH")
This pamphlet describes the industrialization and mechanization of installation operations during railroad electrification. The utilization of standard plans of unified elements and components of the catenary network and traction substations, as well as factory manufacture of miscellaneous equipment and assemblies and their subsequent installation at the construction area, insure the industrialization of structural installation operations during railroad electrification. The manufacture of construction elements and units of catenary network equipment at factories of the "Transelectroassembly" Combine immediately decreased work input on the objectives and allowed a shortening of the "opening" times for work production. This has great significance for high density operation of trains on electrified lines. The work input on the structural assembly work for the construction of traction substations was also significantly reduced. At the beginning of the 1950's manufacture of individual units and constructions for installation at the traction substations began at factories. The "Transelectroassembly" Combine proposed that the "Transelectroplan" and the Ljubeckii factory develop the first complete AC traction substation with operational alternating current. This pamphlet includes figures covering general overviews of the complete DC remote control substation with silicon rectifiers, DC remote control sectioning post, transformer substation junction station grouping point, and the AVGM railcar in its catenary network installation.
- Abstract only is available in English, original untranslated as of November 1976.
USSR Ministry of Transportation ConstructionCentral Inst of Normative Res and Technical-Scientific Inf
- Tkalich, A D
- Publication Date: 1971
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Catenaries (Railroads); Construction projects; Electric power transmission; Electric substations; Operations; Planning; Productivity; Railroad electrification; Rectifiers; Remote control
- Old TRIS Terms: Operations planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Construction; Energy; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00130038
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 17 1976 12:00AM