PROCEEDINGS, INTERNATIONAL AUTOMOBILE TIRE CONFERENCE
This conference had as its general theme the effect of replacement tires on vehicle dynamics and handling. The meeting attracted widespread international participation with up-to-date presentations on the constructional and performance properties of tires and their effect on the tire/vehicle system. In addition, the evolution of the system components as well as consumer responsibilities and driver educational efforts were discussed. It is pointed out that the material gives only fragmental results and views and thus should be viewed in the light of the existing literature, which already gives a considerable amount of information. It is emphasized that continued research, preferably in an internationally coordinated fashion, is needed.
- Conference held in Toronto, 22-24 October 1974
New York, NY United States 10017
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 202 p.
- TRT Terms: Conferences; Consumers; Performance; Properties of materials; Research; Skid resistance; Tires; Vehicle dynamics; Wear
- Uncontrolled Terms: Responsibilities
- Subject Areas: Highways; Materials; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00095469
- Record Type: Publication
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-4-00944
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM