MAINTENANCE RULES FOR CATENARY NETWORK OF ELECTRIFIED RAILROADS
PRAVILA SODERZHANIIA KONTAKTNOI SETI ELEKTRIFITSIROVANNYKH ZHELEZNYKH DOROG
These rules are intended for workers concerned with operational maintenance of catenary network arrangements, transmission lines, and aerial lines; and can also be utilized by students of the higher educational institutions and technical schools. Specifically, the pamphlet covers direct and alternating current catenary network arrangements; 6-35 kV transmission lines, operated by the energy feeding section, installed upon catenary network and separately standing bearings; and aerial lines of tension as high as 400 v mounted on the catenary network bearing. The rules are not intended for transmission lines of the automatic blocking system. The contents include: technical norms for operational maintenance of catenary network arrangements transmission lines and aerial lines; types of catenary suspensions; conductor parameters; wear and tear; distribution of conductors; isolators; cross braces; locks and electrical connectors; central anchoring; conductor inserts and joints; load compensators and conductor anchoring; grounding; protections against short circuit currents, overload, and burnouts; intersection of catenary network conductors by conductors of other aerial lines; protective arrangements and safeguards. The appendices cover; tables for determination of wear and tear of the catenary conductor independently of cross section height measurement methods and analysis of wear and tear of catenary conductors on electrified railroads: Finally, rules of operational maintenance and protection against corrosion of concrete and iron bearings of the catenary network.
- Abstract only is available in English, original untranslated as of November 1976.
USSR Ministry of RailwaysNovo-Basmannaya, Ulitsa 2
- Publication Date: 1968
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 97 p.
- TRT Terms: Catenaries (Railroads); Contact wire; Electric power supply; Electrochemical corrosion; High voltage; Maintenance practices; Operating rules; Overvoltage; Protection; Railroad electrification; Safety; Safety equipment; Sectioning; Short circuits; Textbooks; Transmission lines; Wear
- Old TRIS Terms: Protective devices
- Subject Areas: Energy; Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00130037
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 17 1976 12:00AM