RULES FOR THE PROTECTION OF WIRE COMMUNICATION ARRANGEMENTS FROM THE INFLUENCE OF DIRECT CURRENT ELECTRIC RAILROAD TRACTIVE NETWORK. PART I
PRAVILA ZASHCHITY USTROISTV PROVODNOI SVIAZI OT VLIIANIIA TIAGOVOI SETI ELEKTRICHESKIKH ZHELEZNYKH DOROG POSTOIANNOGO TOKA. CHAST 1
The "Rules" were first published in 1948; however, new theoretical and experimental research on the influence of direct current electric railroads on conductance communication chains carried out in the CNIIMPS and CNIIS, as well as the need for practical protection of such arrangements, led to the necessity for reworking the active "Rules". The new "Rules" emphasize the dependency of noise tension in communication chains on dissymetry of phase tensions in high voltage lines feeding the rectifying arrangements of tractive substations, and gives schemata for new improved sliding arrangements. This led to the formation of a new methodology for calculating interference tensions inducted in the tonal frequency chains from harmonic components of the rectified current in the tractive network; corrected norms for interference tensions are given. Part I of "Rules" relates to the protection of the tonal frequency range of the tonal network. For the lowering of interference influences in high frequency communication channels (pending the publication of Part II) the present Part I advises the turning on of a condenser with 10 microfarad capacitance between positive busbar of each mercury arc rectifier and the external circuit of the substation grounding. Contents include: definition and application of rules; fundamental concepts and definitions; dangerous and interference currents; norms of interference tensions and currents; requirements for electrical traction mechanisms; basic indications for calculation of interference tensions and currents and calculation formulas; and finally, basic indications for calculation of tensions and formulas conditioned by galvanic influence. The nine appendices provide additional, specialized information.
- Abstract only is available in English, original untranslated as of November 1976.
USSR Ministry of RailwaysNovo-Basmannaya, Ulitsa 2
USSR Ministry of CommunicationsMoscow, USSR
- Publication Date: 1969
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 46 p.
- TRT Terms: Communications; Design; Electric substations; Electromagnetic interference; Inductive interference; Power factor (Electricity); Railroad electrification; Rectifiers; Specifications; Telecommunications; Traffic signal phases
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria; Phase angles
- Old TRIS Terms: Power factor
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00130036
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 17 1977 12:00AM