AUTOMATION AND REMOTE CONTROL OF ELECTRIC POWER SUPPLY APPARATUS
AVTOMATIKA I TELEMEKHANIKA ELEKTROSNABZHAIUSHCHIKH USTROISTV
This book presents fundamental information about the elements and construction principles of telemechanic and automatic assemblies of electrical railroad electric supply arrangements; present systems are described in detail. The main chapters of the book include the following. (1) Information, signals, transformation, and transmission (e.g. discrete and continuous signal quantization, physical characteristics, spectra, detection of modulation oscillations, principles of interference-free codification); (2) Assemblies and elements of automatic and telemechanic arrangements (e.g. electrical diagrams, cold cathode thyratrons, electromechanical relay and pitch selectors, magnetic elements with rectangular hysteresis loop); (3) Functional and transformational schemata (e.g. impulse distributors, encoders, decoders); (4) Feeding line automatics (e.g. automatic reclosing of transmission lines, feeders, short circuit points, sectioning posts); (5) Automatic arrangements of transformers, transformational assemblies, and auxiliary arrangements (e.g. mercury rectifier cooling, silicon rectifier commutation); (6) Construction principles of telemechanics arrangements; (7) EST (Ch)-62 electronic remote control system with frequential channel distribution (e.g. technical characteristics, telesignalization assemblies, transmitting arrangements); (8) EST-(V)-62 electronic remote control system; (9) Telemechanics communication channels (e.g. high frequency channels on electrical transmission lines and power ramification circuits); (10) Elements and apparatus of telemechanic communication channels (e.g. electrical filters, amplitude limiters, low frequency harmonic oscillation generators); (11) Fundamental information on installation, repair, and operation of automatic and telemechanic arrangements. This book has been approved by the main administration of the Ministry of Railroads for use as a textbook for railroad transport technical schools in the specialization: "Energy Supply and Railroad Transport Energy Economics." It may also prove useful for technical engineering workers connected with the planning and operation of telemechanic and automatic arrangements.
- Abstract only is available in English original untranslated as of November 1976.
Transport Publishing HouseBasmannyi Tupik 6A
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Dmitrievskii, G V
- Ovlasiuk, VIa
- Suchoprudskii, N D
- Publication Date: 1970
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 264 p.
- TRT Terms: Automation; Data communications; Design; Electric power supply; Electric power transmission; Electric substations; Electronic control; Manuals; Railroad electrification; Rectifiers; Remote control; Short circuits; Telecommunications; Textbooks; Transformers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Dead sections; Electronic control systems
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00130032
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 17 1976 12:00AM