SYSTEMS AND APPARATUS OF ELECTRIC POWER SUPPLY
SISTEMY I USTROISTVA ELEKTROSNAZHENIIA
This book describes schemata and arrangements for the electrical supply of various electrical traction systems. These electrified lines have increased sevenfold over the past eighteen years in the Soviet Union, and there is a continued emphasis upon the development and improvement of new technology in this field. Considered in this volume are the interaction of electrical rolling stock with the tractive and external electrical supply systems and the influence of tension conditions in the tractive network upon the operation of electrical locomotives and electric railroads on the whole. The following areas are also covered: fundamental calculation methods for the tractive electrical supply system, principles for choosing construction parameters, schemata for protection against short circuit current, and protection of contiguous lines and underground constructions from the influence of tractive currents. The present edition excludes the description of outdated electrotechnical equipment; new devices and arrangements which have been disseminated in the tractive electrical supply system have, however, been emphasized. The book has been approved by the Ministry of Railroads as a textbook for students of higher educational institutions for use in the specializations "Railroad Transport Electrification", "Electrified Railroad Rolling Stock", and "Electric Locomotive Construction". In addition, the book may prove useful to electrical engineers. The author of the first edition was awarded the Silver Medal.
- Abstract only is available in English, Original untranslated as of November 1976.
Transport Publishing HouseBasmannyi Tupik 6A
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Prontarskii, A F
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 272 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Electric locomotives; Electric power supply; Electromagnetic interference; Manuals; Railroad electrification; Short circuits; Textbooks; Voltage regulation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Ground currents
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00130030
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 17 1976 12:00AM