DESIGN OF THE CATENARY NETWORK OF ELECTRIFIED RAILROADS
PROEKTIROVANIE KONTAKTNOI SETI ELEKTRIFITSIROVANNYKH ZHELEZNYKH DOROG
This volume presents the planning organization of the catenary network, the choice of types and calculations for the catenary suspensions, and supporting and bearing constructions. Schemata for feeding, sectioning, and planning for the catenary on stations and stages are also presented. Examples of detailed information are: materials, meteorological conditions, optimal parameters of the catenary at high speed, trajectories for the current collector, and curve modification of the catenary depression. The section on elasticity includes the center span, supporting axles of compensated single-ply spring chain suspensions, and choice of height span. The book is intended for technical engineering workers concerned with the planning, construction, and operation of the catenary, and has been approved by the Main Administration Educational Institutions of the Ministry of Railroads. It is to be utilized as a learning textbook for students of higher learning institutions in the field of railroad transport in the specialization: "Railroad Transport Electrification".
- Abstract only is available in English, Original untranslated as of November 1976.
Transport Publishing HouseBasmannyi Tupik 6A
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Fraifel'd, A V
- Porshnev, B G
- Vlasov II
- Publication Date: 1972
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 320 p.
- TRT Terms: Catenaries (Railroads); Design; Electric power supply; Electric substations; High speed rail; Manuals; Pantographs; Railroad electrification; Sectioning; Textbooks; Thermal stresses; Vehicle design; Weather
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria; Thermal effects
- Old TRIS Terms: Meteorological conditions
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00130029
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 17 1976 12:00AM