OPERATION AND REPAIR OF THE CATENARY NETWORK OF ELECTRIC RAILROADS
EKSPLUATATSIIA I REMONT KONTAKTNOI SETI ELEKTRICHESKIKH ZHELEZNYKH DOROG
This book analyzes operational and maintenance organization of direct and alternating current electrical railroad catenary networks. Included are present servicing and repair methods, leading labor practices, suggestions for complex technological operations, and generalized experience as to optimal interval spacing. Chapters cover servicing organization (e.g. equipment and staff, labor expenditure and planning, technical documentation and responsibility, energy dispatcher role in work crew organization); environmental influence on catenary network organization; interaction of catenary network with the current collectors; present makeup of catenary network; catenary conductor wear and tear (e.g. influencing factors, determining technology, analytical methodology, measures for increasing service life); protection of bearings and foundations from corrosion (e.g. reasons, reduction measures); protection of catenary network from short circuit currents, overloads, and burnouts; forms of damage and methods for restoration of catenary network (e.g. analysis and classification of damage, operational characteristics under difficult meteorological conditions). The book is intended for electricians and technical engineering workers concerned with electrical traction energy supply assembly operation. It can also be utilized as a learning textbook by students of the technical schools and institutes who are studying the construction and operation of catenary networks.
- Abstract only is available in English, Original untranslated as of November 1976.
Transport Publishing HouseBasmannyi Tupik 6A
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Panfil, L S
- Bondarev, N A
- Belyayev, I A
- Publication Date: 1972
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 240 p.
- TRT Terms: Catenaries (Railroads); Contact wire; Corrosion protection; Electric power supply; Electric power transmission; Electric substations; Lightning; Maintenance management; Maintenance practices; Pantographs; Planning; Railroad electrification; Short circuits; Textbooks; Vehicle design; Wear
- Old TRIS Terms: Ground currents
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00130028
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 17 1977 12:00AM