SUMMARY OF NINE POLICY REPORTS
Nine policy reports on the U.S. Merchant Marine are summarized, dealing with the reduction of port costs, an improved system of maintaining the Merchant Marine, and the limitations and improvement of current foreign-trade forcasting procedures. Appendix A presents a brief summary of the results of the analysis of the selected trade routes. The result of the Operations Research simulation program are presented in Appendix B, along with a description of the operation of the Marad Simulation Model. Supporting data for the main body of the report are given in the last appendix. Recommendations are offered for greater economy and efficiency.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number L-5-SN.
Little (Arthur D), IncorporatedAcorn Park
Cambridge, MA USA 02140
- Publication Date: 1963-2-14
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 128 p.
- TRT Terms: Economic forecasting; Merchant fleet operation; Operations research; Trade; Trade routes
- Old TRIS Terms: Trade forecasts
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00026617
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: Draft Rpt
- Contract Numbers: MA-2451
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM