DESIGN, ASSEMBLY, AND OPERATION OF THE CATENARY NETWORK
USTROISTVO, MONTAZH, I EKSPLUATATSIIA KONTAKTNOI SETI
This publication describes various forms of catenary assemblies, conductors, insulators, and materials. It provides information about the fundamental diagrams, assemblies, and components, mechanisms and appliances employed during operation of the catenary network. In addition, installation organization and planning, operation, repair, and refurbishing of the catenary network and operation of the energy feeding section are covered. The first chapter on catenary arrangements includes subsections on the suspension network, grounding, protective safety devices, cables, bearings, and feeding and sectioning. Basic mechanisms and assemblies covers locomotives, trolleys, tractors, and service vehicles utilized within the catenary system. Installation layout and supporting arrangements of the chain suspension are discussed. The section on operation and maintenance covers both capital and current repairs. A section on organization and planning of the operation of the energy feeding sections presents electrification and energy economics. Finally, fundamental scientific organization of production and labor is discussed. The book is written in accordance with the technical school program which prepares catenary network electricians, and may also be useful to students of the higher educational institutions, and the railroad transport technical schools. In addition, the book might be utilized by all workers concerned with the installation, operation, and maintenance of alternating and direct current catenary networks.
- Abstract only is available in English, Original untranslated as of November 1976.
Transport Publishing HouseBasmannyi Tupik 6A
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Fraifel'd, A V
- Markov, A S
- Tiurnin, G A
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 416 p.
- TRT Terms: Catenaries (Railroads); Electric power supply; Insulating materials; Maintenance management; Maintenance practices; Manuals; Planning; Railroad electrification; Sectioning; Textbooks; Thermal stresses
- Uncontrolled Terms: Thermal effects
- Old TRIS Terms: Ground currents; Insulators
- Subject Areas: Energy; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00130027
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: Textbook
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 17 1976 12:00AM