A report on container standards concludes that such standardization is essential if the potential benefits to be derived from the increased use of containers are to be realized. The promulgation of standard dimensions for large containers by the American Standards Association is noted, and the acceptance of American Standard containers throughout the world is forecast. It is concluded that the U.S. government should encourage the use of standard containers in U.S. domestic and foreign commerce.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number AL-C-63428-19.
Little (Arthur D), IncorporatedAcorn Park
Cambridge, MA United States 02140
- Publication Date: 1963-1-24
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 41 p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Containers; Design; Standards
- Old TRIS Terms: Container design; Container standards; Container surveys
- Subject Areas: Design; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00026615
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: C-63428-19
- Contract Numbers: MA-2451
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM