ANALYSIS OF COMMUNITY IMPACTS RESULTING FROM LOSS OF RAIL SERVICE, VOL I: DOCUMENTATION
Volume I: Documentation. This four volume study describes a method for estimating the community impacts of the loss of railroad freight service. This study was done in direct response to Section 202(b)(5) of P.L. 93-236 which requires that USRA consider such "anticipated economic, social, and environmental costs and benefits" of rail-line abandonment that may result from consolidation, relocation, pooling and joint operation of facilities and equipment. The study documents methodology developed for estimating community impact and presents the results of applications of the methodology to twenty communities. Included in the study is a guidebook designed for state and community use in estimating impacts on potentially affected communities.
- Prepared for use by USRA. See also Volumes 2, 3 & 4, RRIS numbers 15 095437, 15 095436, 15 095435, RRIS Bulletin 7502.
CONSAD Research Corporation121 North Highland Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA USA 15206
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Pagination: 116 p.
- TRT Terms: Abandonment; Bibliographies; Consolidations; Economics; Railroad facilities; Relocation (Facilities); Reorganization; Socioeconomic factors
- Old TRIS Terms: Railroad relocation
- Subject Areas: Economics; Environment; Railroads; Society;
- Accession Number: 00095438
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: United States Railway Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: USRA/R-012 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: USRA-C-50013
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1975 12:00AM