SPECIFICATION FOR THE NS SAVANNAH CONTROL AND FOLLOWER RODS FOR CORE 3
Specifications are presented for the cruciform composite control rods to be used with Savannah Core 3. The rods are fabricated from stainless steel and boron-modified stainless steel and have a Zircaloy-2 follower rod attached. Core 3 rods are to be dimensionally identical to those fabricated for core 1. Specifications include materials, fabrication, quality control requirements, required reports, marking, packing and shipping, and inspection and certification.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number BAW-SUP-35-2.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyAtomic Energy Division
Lynchburg, VA United States 24504
- Publication Date: 1963-1
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Nuclear power plants; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactor cores
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026612
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: SUP-35-2
- Contract Numbers: AT(30-1)-2468
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 26 1973 12:00AM