FREIGHT CAR PLANNING FOR CONRAIL, VOLUME I (CONSOLIDATED RAIL CORPORATION)
This study examines methods of improving equipment utilization within various network configurations and estimates the magnitude and impact of the potential improvement. Included in the study is an examination of whether additional freight cars are needed and whether car repair or building capacity should be increased. The contractor defines alternative strategies for meeting car requirement needs and makes recommendations on effective options.
- Developed for use by USRA. See also Volume II, PB-239028, RRIS #20 095427, RRIS Bulletin 7502.
Strong, Wishart and Associates, Incorporated50 California Street
San Francisco, CA United States
- Publication Date: 1975-1
- Pagination: 101 p.
- TRT Terms: Finance; Forecasting; Freight cars; Planning
- Identifier Terms: Conrail
- Uncontrolled Terms: Financial management
- Subject Areas: Finance; Freight Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00095434
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: United States Railway Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: USRA/R-007 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: USRA-C-50054
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1975 12:00AM