APPRAISING THE VIABILITY OF CONRAIL--AN ECONOMIC AND OPERATING OVERVIEW
This study identifies the principal operating, marketing and investment problems to be overcome for ConRail to improve rail service and earnings. A financial planning model is used to project operating and financial results for ConRail under network assumptions and operating plans being tested. The study further describes a detailed approach to planning ConRail operations with a view toward achieving ConRail financial self-sufficiency as set for in Section 301 of the Act.
- Developed for use by USRA. Financial statements should be viewed as preliminary and used accordingly.
Strong, Wishart and Associates, Incorporated50 California Street
San Francisco, CA USA
- Publication Date: 1974-8
- Pagination: 146 p.
- TRT Terms: Economic analysis; Finance; Marketing; Mathematical models; Operations; Planning
- Identifier Terms: Conrail
- Uncontrolled Terms: Models
- Old TRIS Terms: Operations planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Finance; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00095433
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: United States Railway Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: USRA/R-004 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: USRA-C-50006
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1975 12:00AM