TRAFFIC OPERATIONAL CRITERIA FOR THE AUTOMATION OF TRAIN SPEED CONTROL
TRAFIKTEKNISKA KRITERIER VID AUTOMATISERING AV HASTIGHETSOEVERVAKNING
The thesis presented is the result of research work on the subject of the traffic capacity theory. The main part of the thesis gives the definition of the term "traffic operational criteria" and analyzes the parameters that have influence on the traffic capacity of a line. The accepted definitions lead to the establishment of a general formula for minimal headways between two consecutive trains travelling in the same direction and it is also applicable to all levels of automatic train control. This makes it possible to proceed with the analysis of how different parameters can increase the traffic capacity of a line. As a result of a method of choice of an optimal automatic train control system for the imposed or desired traffic operational conditions was obtained. In addition, functions of different automatic train control and operation levels are described, systematized and classified. Also the existing information transmission techniques applied to different levels of automation in different railway companies are described and classified.
Royal Institute of Technology, SwedenValhallavagen 79
Stockholm, Sweden 100 44
- Masiewicz, A
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 153 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic control; Automatic train control; Automation; Control; Control devices; Headways; Highway capacity; Mathematical models; Railroad facility operations; Railroads; Speed; Theory; Traffic
- Uncontrolled Terms: Line capacity
- Old TRIS Terms: Operating strategies; Railway
- ITRD Terms: 3882: Automatic; 643: Capacity (road, footway); 3874: Control; 685: Headway; 6473: Mathematical model; 5408: Speed; 9078: Theory; 755: Traffic
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads; I71: Traffic Theory;
- Accession Number: 00129971
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Swedish National Road and Traffic Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 44 R&D Rept.
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 7 1976 12:00AM