REACTOR COMPONENTS VIBRATION ON NS SAVANNAH
A vibration survey of selected items in the containment vessel of the N.S. Savannah was conducted as one of a series of tests to study the vibration characteristics of the ship. This is the second vibration survey of the containment vessel. Results of the first trial are presented in the Model Basin Technical Note SML-760-29 of May 1962. Tests were performed on the hydraulic and solid bar type vibration dampers used to surpress vibration of some of the containment vessel components. The results are presented in graphs which also include those results obtained in previous tests for easier comparison.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number DTMB-SML-760-48.
David Taylor Model BasinStructural Mechanics Laboratory
Washington, DC USA
- Publication Date: 1963-4
- Features: Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Damping (Physics); Nuclear power plants; Nuclear powered ships; Ships; Surveys; Vibration
- Old TRIS Terms: Vibration surveys
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026610
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: SML-760-48 Tech Rpt
- Contract Numbers: PI-MA60-227
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1973 12:00AM