DESIGN CRITERIA MARITIME PROTOTYPE TEST FACILITY (SECOND ISSUE)
Design criteria are provided for the construction of a maritime prototype test facility (MPTF) at Test Area North, National Reactor Testing Station in Idaho. The MPTF is a single purpose, isolation type installation consisting of the test building enclosing the 630 nuclear steam generator, an auxiliary test equipment building, and control and equipment building. This report covers requirements for acceptance of design and records; operational and design considerations; a detailed description including functions, relationship and construction features of the major components of the MPTF; and general design and constructional requirements.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number GEAP-TM-63-6-702.
General ElectricMarine Turbine & Gear Engineer, 1100 Western Ave
Lynn, MA USA 01910
- Publication Date: 1963-6-18
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 33 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Equipment tests; Nuclear reactors; Test facilities
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor design; Nuclear reactor testing
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026609
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: TM-63-6-702 Draft Rpt
- Contract Numbers: AT(04-3)-189
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM