ANALYSIS OF RAILROAD OPERATED FERRY AND LIGHTERAGE OPERATIONS
This study presents a preliminary analysis of the marine operations of the railroads in reorganization and examines alternative approaches to meeting the transportation needs of the shippers now served. The study concerns itself with three major operations: The Ann Arbor Railroad car ferry on Lake Michigan; the Penn Central carfloat from Cape Charles, Virginia to Norfolk, Virginia; and the Lehigh Valley and Penn Central carfloat operations from New Jersey to Brooklyn. In addition, the contractor analyzed lighterage service in New York Harbor.
- Developed for use by USRA for preliminary and final system plans.
Kearney (AT) and Company, Incorporated100 South Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL United States 60606
- Publication Date: 1975-1
- Pagination: 225 p.
- TRT Terms: Ferries; Intermodal transportation; Water transportation
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00095426
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: United States Railway Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: USRA/R-008 Prel. Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: USRA-C-50025
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1975 12:00AM