INVENTORY AND ASSESSMENT PROJECT FOR RAIL SERVICES IN MIDWEST AND NORTHEAST REGION: SUMMARY COST ESTIMATE
Bechtel Incorporated and five associate contractors conducted a general inventory of the fixed plant of the railroads in reorganization. These contractors examined the general physical condition of the plant, identified the rehabilitation work necessary to bring the rail system to a specified condition, and estimated the costs for such rehabilitation. In addition, the accuracy of the existing railroad records was reviewed. The total inventory is serving as a basis for developing a rehabilitation work plan. Bechtel Inc. also served as the Technical Direction Contractor to coordinate the activities of the associate contractors and this document spells out the cost estimates, forms used, and approaches taken.
- Developed for use by USRA for system planning.
Bechtel Corporation50 Beale Street
San Francisco, CA United States 94119
- Publication Date: 1975-2
- Pagination: 107 p.
- TRT Terms: Cost estimating; Data collection; Estimates; Finance; Information processing; Inventory; Maintenance management; Maintenance practices; Planning
- Geographic Terms: Northeastern United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Fixed plants
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Freight Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00095425
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: United States Railway Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: USRA/R-018 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: USRA-C-40002
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1975 12:00AM