COMMUNITY IMPACT OF ABANDONMENT OF RAILROAD SERVICE
This study provides an overview and analysis of the problem of track abandonment, including its economic and social impact, and the development of a basic model relating rail abandonment to income and employment levels in affected communities. The study was developed from nationally available data using the county as the community structure.
- Developed for use by USRA for planning purposes.
Public Interest Economics Center1714 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, DC USA 20036
- Publication Date: 1974-12
- Pagination: 219 p.
- TRT Terms: Abandonment; Bibliographies; City planning; Economic analysis; Economic models; Socioeconomic factors
- Subject Areas: Economics; Environment; Railroads; Society;
- Accession Number: 00095424
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: United States Railway Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: USRA/R-009 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: USRA-C-50010
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1975 12:00AM