AN INTERIM PRICING STRATEGY FOR CONRAIL
This study proposes a pricing philosophy for the Consolidated Rail Corporation. The study analyzes the merits for the various types of short term price increases in terms of general rate increases, commodity increases, terminal surcharges, and region surcharges. An estimate of the traffic diversion under each arrangement is presented and the net profit for each alternative calculated.
- Prepared for USRA for system planning.
Reebie (Robert) and Associates, Incorporated200 Railroad Avenue
Greenwich, CT United States 06830
- Publication Date: 1975-1
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Economics; Finance; Freight transportation; Planning
- Identifier Terms: Conrail
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Freight Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00095423
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: United States Railway Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: USRA/R-013
- Contract Numbers: USRA-C-50083
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1975 12:00AM