CRITERIA FOR LINE RETENTION
This study developed economic criteria for identifying the viability of line segments under analysis in USRA local routes planning. The study identified applicable costing techniques and developed supporting rationale for each criteria selected. Consideration was given by the contractor to approaches forecasting branch line revenues and revenue allocation criteria and alternative means of evaluating overhead traffic divertable to other rail lines if uneconomic lines were not retained.
CONSAD Research Corporation121 North Highland Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA United States 15206
- Publication Date: 1975-2
- Pagination: 349 p.
- TRT Terms: Abandonment; Economics; Finance; Freight transportation; Maintenance; Planning; Railroad traffic; Traffic density
- Old TRIS Terms: Light density lines
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Freight Transportation; Maintenance and Preservation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00095421
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: United States Railway Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: USRA/R-015 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: USRA-C-50001
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1975 12:00AM