FREIGHT TRANSPORTATION: FUTURE MODAL COMPETITIVENESS
This study examines rail, truck and barge transportation in the region in light of current and projected future programs of various government bodies and changing technology. The study reviews current and future programs government bodies have in progress and analyses the influence of these programs. Similarly, changes in technology were reviewed and an analysis made of the impact of these changes on productivity. After quantifying the effect of these changes, the contractor developed a cost model for alternative operating configurations. The contractor's study also includes a market share analysis and identification of opportunities for securing additional rail traffic through improved service.
- For use by USRA system planning.
Reebie (Robert) and Associates, Incorporated200 Railroad Avenue
Greenwich, CT United States 06830
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Barges; Commodities; Competition; Costs; Economic analysis; Economics; Freight transportation; Mathematical models; Mode choice; Railroad transportation; Trucks
- Uncontrolled Terms: Models
- Old TRIS Terms: Modal selection
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Freight Transportation; Highways; Marine Transportation; Motor Carriers; Railroads; Society;
- Accession Number: 00095419
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: United States Railway Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: USRA-C-50057
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1975 12:00AM