PRELIMINARY SYSTEM PLAN, VOL. I FOR RESTRUCTURING RAILROADS IN THE NORTHEAST AND MIDWEST REGION PURSUANT TO THE REGIONAL RAIL REORGANIZATION ACT OF 1973
This plan was the requirement of the Regional Rail Reorganization Act of 1973 which was passed in response to a threat to the Nation's transportation system posed by the bankruptcy of eight railroads in the Northeast and Midwest. This plan includes the preliminary reorganization of rail services and disposition of rail properties of the bankrupt railroads. It also includes information and statistics on facilities, equipment, marketing, manpower, environment, passenger service and finances.
- Result of the Regional Rail Reorganization Act of 1973. Sponsored by U.S. Congress. See also PB-239846, RRIS #25 095416, RRIS Bulletin 7502.
United States Railway Association2100 2nd Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20595
- Publication Date: 1975-2-26
- Pagination: 326 p.
- TRT Terms: Abandonment; Bankruptcy; Bibliographies; Economics; Financing; Marketing; Regional planning
- Geographic Terms: Northeastern United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Regional rail reorganization act
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00095417
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: United States Railway Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: USRA/R-021 Prel. Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: Pub. Law 93-236
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1975 12:00AM