ECONOMIC COMPARISON OF VARIOUS MARINE POWER PLANTS--1974
This report gives comparative annual operating costs (including capital charges) for a number of types of marine power plants over the range of 10,000 to 50,000 SHP (single screws). Included are two and four-heater steam, reheat steam, diesel, gas turbine to give marine engineers, plants. Results are intended to give marine engineers, naval architects, and managerial personnel easily useable data for estimating comparative costs of various marine power plants.
- Prepared by Webb Institute of Naval Architecture, Glen Cove, N.Y., Center for Maritime Studies.
National Maritime Research Center, Kings PointKings Point, NY United States 11024
- Femenia, J
- Publication Date: 1975-8
- Pagination: 41 p.
- TRT Terms: Diesel engines; Economic analysis; Gas turbines; Performance; Propulsion; Steam power plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Diesel performance; Economic analysis (Propulsion systems)
- Subject Areas: Economics; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00129889
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-RD-900-76013 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: MA-2-4230
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 10 1976 12:00AM