NS SAVANNAH HAZARDS SUMMARY REPORT FOR 1964 SEA TRIALS
A hazards summary report for the 1964 sea trials of the N.S. Savannah is presented for a program of operations for dockside and sea operation in and out of Galveston, Texas, in preparation for resumption of the program of port visitations by the Savannah. The report details the ship condition, proposed program of operations, organization, training, site and hazards analysis, and criteria for operation. It is concluded that through adherence to detailed written procedures previously proven satisfactory, by compliance with the provisions of the approved technical specifications and other critera, by observance of an approved program and sequence of operations, and through the use of knowledgeable and experienced personnel the proposed program can be performed without undue hazard to the health and safety of the general public. Personnel resumes are included in the appendix.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number STS-6.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyN.S. Savannah Technical Staff
Galveston, TX USA
Todd Shipyards CorporationLos Angeles Division
San Pedro, CA USA
- Publication Date: 1963-12
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 100 p.
- TRT Terms: Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear radiation; Operations; Risk assessment; Ship operations; Ship trials
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear hazard evaluation; Operational procedures
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026604
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: STS-6 Sum Rpt
- Contract Numbers: MA-3377
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1973 12:00AM