DOT TEST TRAIN PROGRAM SYSTEM INSTRUMENTATION MANUAL - SIXTH EDITION
This manual describes track measuring instrumentation which has been developed during the report period and covers all instrumentation currently installed aboard the FRA test cars. The major emphasis of this report deals with the operation and calibration of the track geometry measurement system installed aboard test car T-3. Ancillary systems as well as equipment aboard test cars T-1, T-2, and T-4 are also summarized. New track measurement subsystems such as the alignometer, compensated accelerometer, grade, and magnetic gage systems are described briefly in this report. These systems are scheduled for prototype testing on the FRA test cars during the coming year, and will be fully documented in subsequent reports.
- Sponsorship was from Federal Railroad Administration, U.S. DOT.
ENSCO, Incorporated5400 Port Royal Road
Springfield, VA United States 22151
- Publication Date: 1974-12
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 126 p.
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Inspection cars; Instrumentation; Measuring instruments; Railroad tracks; Structural design; Test vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Track geometry
- Old TRIS Terms: Test cars
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00129852
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA-ORD&D-75-26 Ann. Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-20032
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 10 1976 12:00AM