A WATERLESS SHIPBOARD SEWAGE SYSTEM
Chrysler Space Division has developed and manufactured the Aqua-Sans sewage treatment system for both marine and land based applications. This no-discharge, nonbiological sewage disposal system uses mineral oil rather than water as the flush fluid to transport human waste. The flush fluid carriers waste from conventional toilets to a separation tank where the sewage is separated by gravity. The fluid is filtered, purified and reused indefinitely. Concentrated waste from the Aqua-Sans separation tank is automatically transferred to either a pollution-free incinerator or to a holding tank for subsequent transfer to a centralized disposal facility.
- Presented February 19, 1975 to the Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers, San diego Section.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ USA 07306-2907
- Oman, W S
- Publication Date: 1975-2-19
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Sewage disposal; Sewage holding tanks; Sewage treatment; Ships; Tanks (Containers); Waste disposal; Water quality management
- Old TRIS Terms: Holding tanks; Shipboard sewage treatment
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00095344
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM