A WATERLESS SHIPBOARD SEWAGE SYSTEM
Chrysler Space Division has developed and manufactured the Aqua-Sans sewage treatment system for both marine and land based applications. This no-discharge, nonbiological sewage disposal system uses mineral oil rather than water as the flush fluid to transport human waste. The flush fluid carriers waste from conventional toilets to a separation tank where the sewage is separated by gravity. The fluid is filtered, purified and reused indefinitely. Concentrated waste from the Aqua-Sans separation tank is automatically transferred to either a pollution-free incinerator or to a holding tank for subsequent transfer to a centralized disposal facility.
- Presented February 19, 1975 to the Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers, San diego Section.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Oman, W S
- Publication Date: 1975-2-19
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Sewage disposal; Sewage holding tanks; Sewage treatment; Ships; Tanks (Containers); Waste disposal; Water quality management
- Old TRIS Terms: Holding tanks; Shipboard sewage treatment
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00095344
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM