BLOCKING AND TRAIN OPERATIONS PLANNING
This report summarizes the functional details of various computer-aided methodologies developed to conduct detailed analyses of blocking and train operations, schemes and yard operations for the Northeastern and Midwestern states. The methodologies and the programs described in this report can be used for analyzing rail operations in any railroad network.
Stanford Research Institute333 Ravenswood Avenue
Menlo Park, CA USA 94025
- Siddiqee, W
- D'Esopo, A D
- Tuan, P L
- Publication Date: 1975-10
- Pagination: 94 p.
- TRT Terms: Control systems; Planning; Railroad terminals; Railroad trains; Railroad yards; Train operation; Yard operations
- Identifier Terms: Conrail
- Old TRIS Terms: Operating strategies; Train planning; Yard and terminal control
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00129799
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: United States Railway Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: USRA-R-106.1 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: USRA-C-50042
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 10 1976 12:00AM