INLAND WATERWAY TRADE ROUTE OPTIMIZATION STUDY
Sample results from analyses of inland waterway barge operations are presented. The first of two parts of the analyses consider speed developed by tows, based on formulas Charles Howe, Purdue University. The second part analyzes the operations of a towboat company, with input from the first part, and from other data on company operations. Outputs of the analyses are number of tows and towboats required, the initial investment, total annual operating costs, annual income and profit, and the values of several measures of profitability.
- Presented at the Great Lakes and Great Rivers Section Meeting of SNAME, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, October 10, 1974.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Shearer, E L
- Publication Date: 1974-9
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Barge operations; Economic analysis; Marine transit; Operating costs; Simulation; Towboats
- Old TRIS Terms: Economic analysis (Barge operations); Simulated barge operations
- Subject Areas: Economics; Marine Transportation; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00095333
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 157
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 29 1978 12:00AM