RECENT DEVELOPMENTS IN SHIPYARD WELDING
The purpose of this paper is to present the results of the research and development program which was initiated by the members of the Ship Production Committee of The Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers and financed largely by government funds through a cost sharing contract between U.S. Maritime Administration and Bethlehem Steel Corporation. The effort of this project was directed to the development of improved methods and hardware applicable to shipyard welding in an effort to improve productivity and reduce shipbuilding costs in U.S. shipyards.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Brayton, W C
- Publication Date: 1975-2-19
- Pagination: 27 p.
- TRT Terms: Planning; Production; Production control; Shipyards; Welding
- Old TRIS Terms: One side welding; Welding procedures
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00095332
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM