ICE RESISTANCE OF A CARGO VESSEL IN THE CONTINUOUS MODE OF ICEBREAKING. TESTS OF THREE GEOSIM MODELS IN ICE
During the last two years three geometrical similar models of an icebreaking cargo vessel have been tested in the continuous mode of icebreaking. The analysis was done according to three different formulas for the resistance, published in recent literature. The formula which best explains the phenomena physically looks to be the most reliable one. Consequently this formula was used for predicting the ice resistance of the ship.
- Presented at the Ice Tech Symposium, Montreal, Canada, April 9-11, 1975.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ USA 07306-2907
- Kloppenburg, M
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo ships; Ice; Icebreakers; Resistance (Mechanics)
- Old TRIS Terms: Geosims; Ice resistance; Model testing
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00095330
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM