SHIP DESIGN IMPLICATIONS OF RECENT MARINE CARGO HANDLING RESEARCH
Nineteen papers were presented at this conference on various aspects of cargo handling. The conference was divided into 5 sessions: (1) Cargo Transportation System Study, (2), Segments of Port System Analysis, (3) Cargo Handling Machinery,(4) Containerization, (5) Influence of Cargo Handling and Transportation on Ship Design. The discussion of each paper by the members present is included in the proceedings. A basic under current runs through all the papers directed toward the urgent need for better methods to handle general cargo.
- This conference was sponsored by the U.S. Army and the Maritime Administration.
University of California, BerkeleyBerkeley, CA United States 94720
- Publication Date: 1962-5
- Pagination: 540 p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Cargo ships; Freight transportation; Labor productivity
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cargo flow
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026593
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 15 1973 12:00AM