NUCLEAR MERCHANT SHIP REACTOR PROJECT-SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION ON REACTOR SAFEGUARDS
During recent discussions with the Hazards Evaluation Branch (HEB) of the AEC and the Advisory Committee on Reactor Safeguards (ACRS), many questions about the N. S. Savannah have been answered orally. The intent of this report is to document the answers previously given to the ACRS and to submit supplementary design and operating information. The information presented in this interim report supersedes Volumes 1 and 2 of the Preliminary Safeguards Report. Casualty analyses, test specifications and operating procedures for the plant are presently being developed. A final safeguards report will be prepared for review with the Advisory Committee in the fall of 1959. All of these activities are directed toward completion of the ship construction and initial reactor operation in Camden during the spring of 1960.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number BAW-1150.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyNew York, NY USA
- MacMillan, J H
- Publication Date: 1959-6-1
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 88 p.
- TRT Terms: Nuclear power plants; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors; Safety; Ship operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor safety
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00026576
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Contract Numbers: AT(30-3)-274
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 1 1973 12:00AM