AIDJEX BULLETIN NUMBER 27
The first part of AIDJEX Bulleting No. 27 covers several subjects, among them the use of satellite photographs to determine the movement and deformation of sea ice, further work on elastic strain and plastic deformation in the AIDJEX model, the goals for remote sensing during the AIDJEX main experiment, hydrostatic leveling on sea ice, and the reconnaissance of Peister's Ice Island carried out this summer by AIDJEX and the Canadian Polar Continental Shelf Project. The last part of the Bulletin is devoted to reports from the AIDJEX lead experiment of spring 1974, a program designed to gather information about the interaction between the ocean and the atmosphere through open and freezing leads.
- See also report dated Sept. 74, PB-236 665.
University of Washington, SeattleArctic Ice Dynamics Joint Experiment Office
Seattle, WA United States 98195
- Publication Date: 1974-11
- Pagination: 181 p.
- TRT Terms: Ice; Ice islands; Ice phenomena; Motion; Plastic deformation; Remote sensing; Sea ice
- Old TRIS Terms: Ice deformation; Ice movement
- Subject Areas: Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00095319
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: AIDJEX-74-27
- Contract Numbers: NSF-C625
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM