MANEUVERING CHARACTERISTICS OF AUTOMATICALLY CONTROLLED SHIPS WITH DIRECTIONALLY UNSTABLE HULLS
The stabilization of a dynamically unstable ship and the maneuvering characteristics of the combination unstable stabilized ship were studied using the linear and non linear equations of motion of a ship. The Digital Simulation Language (DSL/360) was used to simulate the dynamics of the systems.
Naval Postgraduate School1 University Circle
Monterey, CA United States 93943
- Hozos, A G
- Publication Date: 1974-12
- Pagination: 143 p.
- TRT Terms: Directional stability; Maneuverability; Maneuvering; Ship motion; Ship simulators; Stability (Mechanics)
- Old TRIS Terms: Ship stability
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00095314
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MS Thesis
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM