PIPE FLOW CALIBRATION OF PRESTON TUBES OF DIFFERENT DIAMETERS AND RELATIVE LENGTHS INCLUDING RECOMMENDATIONS ON DATA PRESENTATION FOR BEST ACCURACY
Preston tubes of different diameters and length-to- diameter ratios have been tested in incompressible pipe flow at Reynolds numbers 60,000 to 300,000. The results show differences of the same order of magnitude as the various calibration curves suggested in the literature. Different ways of expressing the data have also been considered, and it is concluded that two traditional logarithmic parameters are not suitable.
Aeronautical Research Institute of SwedenStockholm, Sweden
- Bertelrud, A
- Publication Date: 1974-9
- Pagination: 96 p.
- TRT Terms: Flow; Pipe flow; Turbulence; Velocity
- Candidate Terms: Turbulent flow
- Old TRIS Terms: Velocity profiles
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00095312
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FFA-125
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM