AN EVALUATION OF SOME NEW APPROACHES TO AGILE BEAM RADAR DESIGN FOR SHIPBOARD APPLICATIONS
The report describes techniques for providing agile beam performance at a lower cost than that associated with a phase-steered planar array. Different antenna design techniques that can provide different levels of performance are analyzed to determine their performance limits and relative costs. Candidate techniques are identified that have the potential of providing performance better than that of a mechanically driven antenna and more economical than that of the phase-steered planar array.
- See Also Volume 2, AD/A-003 592.
Semcor incorporatedMoorestown, NJ United States
- Billetter, D
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Pagination: 73 p.
- TRT Terms: Antennas; Navigation radar; Radar devices
- Old TRIS Terms: Antenna systems
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00095311
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: SD-1028-B101-01-V1 Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: N00024-74-C-1028
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM