SEABEE SYSTEM AND ITS TERMINAL REQUIREMENTS
This paper describes, primarily without technical data, the SEABEE system, which includes the ship, the barges and their interchange. It illustrates the broad range of capability for cargo handling of the barges and the vessel, separately and collectively. Operations involving a range of terminals are discussed from an historic viewpoint (those used in the past and continuing), and some suggestions for improvement made.
- Prepared for ASME Meeting, Intersoc Conference on Transportation, Atlanta, Georgia, July 14-18, 1975.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- LeBlanc Jr, S A
- Publication Date: 1975-7
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Barge carriers; Barges; Cargo handling
- Identifier Terms: Seabee Systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Barge cargo handling; Barges on board
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00129760
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Pap N75-ICT-16
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 10 1976 12:00AM