RECENT PROGRESS IN POLYMER DRAG REDUCTION
Recent developments on various aspects of polymer friction reduction in turbulent flow are reviewed, with special emphasis on the areas where intensive work is currently under way. Detailed attention is paid to the topics of dragreducing suspensions, heat transfer in polymer solutions, and the effect of polymers on cavitation, jets, and lift.
Naval Undersea Research and Development CenterSan Diego, CA USA
- Hoyt, J W
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Pagination: 54 p.
- TRT Terms: Additives; Cavitation (Mechanics); Drag; Heat transfer; Polymers
- Old TRIS Terms: Drag reduction; Polymer additives
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00095309
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NUC-TP-433 R&D Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM