CHEC A NEW EXCITATION SYSTEM FOR DIESEL-ELECTRIC LOCOMOTIVES
This paper describes the objectives sought in the development of a new System of Electronic Control of Traction Alternator Excitation for Diesel Electric Locomotives, describes the system itself to show how these objectives were achieved, and discusses field experience with Horsepower Excitation Control.
- A paper recommended by the IEEE Land Transportation Committee of the IEEE Industry Application Society for presentation at the 1975 Joint ASME/IEEE Railroad Conference, San Francisco, Cal., April 13-16, 1975.
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)3 Park Avenue, 17th Floor
New York, NY United States 10016-5997
- Johansson, A V
- Publication Date: 1975-3
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Braking; Control devices; Electric brakes; Electric power conditioning; Electrical systems; Locomotives; Reliability; Traction
- Old TRIS Terms: Electrical braking; Locomotive controls; Traction systems
- Subject Areas: Energy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00095283
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Report/Paper Numbers: C-75-352-0-IA Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1976 12:00AM