CONCRETE POLYMER MATERIALS DEVELOPMENT IN THE U.S.
Concrete-polymer materials are new to the construction scene having been developed in the last 10 years. The three basic types of materials are polymer-impregnated concrete, polymer-concrete, and polymer-cement concrete. Most of the research has been focused on polymer-impregnated concrete. All three types of materials have considerable potential, however. The process or method for producing each material is reviewed. The properties of each are summarized, and past and current research is briefly reviewed. Potential applications are presented. (a). The number of the covering abstract of the conference is IRRD abstract no. 213776. /TRRL/
- Presented at the First Australian Conference on Engineering Materials.
University of New South WalesSchool of Civil Engineering, Anzac Parade
Kensington, New South Wales Australia 2033
- Fowler, D W
- DePuy, G W
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Building materials; Cement; Concrete; Impregnation (Engineering); Polymer concrete; Polymerization
- Geographic Terms: United States
- ITRD Terms: 4758: Cement; 4755: Concrete; 7481: Polymerization; 8122: Usa
- Subject Areas: Highways; Materials; Planning and Forecasting; I32: Concrete; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00129681
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 7 1976 12:00AM