SAVANNAH GEORGIA SITE REPORT
Environmental data regarding the port of Savannah, Georgia and the operation of nuclear powered ships are evaluated. N.S. Savannah operations are reviewed along with a general site description, including: physical description, geology, seismology, tidal hydraulics and dispersion, climatology, population, water supply, industrial characteristics, agriculture, marine foods, and pre-operational survey. Consequences of credible accidents are considered. Proposed N.S. Savannah exposure criteria under emergency conditions are also included in an appendix.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number MA-SR-7.
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
Atomic Energy CommissionWashington, DC USA 20235
- Publication Date: 1962-5
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 51 p.
- TRT Terms: Nuclear powered ships; Safety; Ship operations; Standards; Surveys
- Uncontrolled Terms: Safety standards
- Old TRIS Terms: Emergency contingency plans
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00026564
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-SR-7
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 15 1973 12:00AM