SAN FRANCISCO SITE REPORT
Environmental data regarding the port of San Francisco and the operation of nuclear powered ships are summarized. N.S. Savannah operations are reviewed, but focus is on the general site description, including: physical characteristics, geology, seismology, hydrology, climatology, population, water supply, industrial characteristics, agriculture, marine foods, and port environmental surveillance. Consequences of credible accidents are considered, and proposed N.S. Savannah exposure criteria under emergency conditions are also included in an appendix.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number MA-SR-5.
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
Atomic Energy CommissionWashington, DC United States 20235
- Publication Date: 1961
- Features: Appendices; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 45 p.
- TRT Terms: Marine terminals; Nuclear powered ships; Port structures; Ports; Safety; Ship operations; Standards; Surveys
- Uncontrolled Terms: Safety standards
- Geographic Terms: California
- Old TRIS Terms: Emergency contingency plans
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00026561
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-SR-5
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 15 1973 12:00AM