CHANGES IN THE COST AND AVAILABILITY OF CONSTRUCTION LABOR
Regression or correlation analysis was used to investigate the future of construction labor and changes in its cost and availability. Projections of total employees on contract construction payrolls and hourly wages of construction workers on contract construction payrolls are based on selected independent variables and regression equations. Trend projections to the year 2000 are included for the independent and dependent variables. The impact of changes on the Corps of Engineers is discussed and the Corps' reaction alternatives outlined. The construction labor situation as of February 1975 is evaluated as a basis for prediction.
Army Construction Engineering Research LaboratoryP.O. Box 4005
Champaign, IL United States 61820
- Poskus, U R
- Magnini, M
- Publication Date: 1975-12
- Pagination: 31 p.
- TRT Terms: Contracts; Costs; Equations; Forecasting; Personnel; Regression analysis; Salaries; Supply
- Uncontrolled Terms: Availability; Change
- Old TRIS Terms: Substitutes
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Economics; Finance; Highways; Society;
- Accession Number: 00129643
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CERL-IR-P-55 Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM