ORGANIZATION OF A TRAINING CENTER FOR MAINTENANCE PERSONNEL
TABEC (Technical And Behavioral Education Center) was created in 1974 as a centralized training facility for Chicago Transit Authority maintenance personnel. The primary function at TABEC is to provide the training needed to enable maintenance personnel to efficiently and safely maintain all of CTA's equipment. Training includes both classroom and "on-the-job" instruction. This paper discusses the courses of job training that are handled at TABEC.
- Contributed by the Rail Transportation Division of The American Society of Mechanical Engineers for presentation at the IEEE-ASME Joint Railroad Conference, San Francisco, California, April 15-17, 1975.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY USA 10016-5990
- Bolech, J
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Maintenance personnel; Maintenance practices; Rapid transit; Training; Training programs
- Identifier Terms: Chicago Transit Authority
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Education and Training; Maintenance and Preservation; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00095224
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: 75-RT-6
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1981 12:00AM